All Franciscan School of Theology full-time students (9 units or more) are required to carry health insurance. This requirement ensures that students in need of health care and/or mental health care can access the appropriate resources in the community.
Full-time students have the option of accepting coverage or waiving the charge if they already have health insurance. Removing this charge and waiving coverage is simple and can be done online by answering a few questions regarding your current insurance coverage. It is important to note that unless you waive coverage you will be automatically enrolled in the plan and be billed accordingly. The last day to waive coverage for the 2019-2020 academic year is Monday, September 30, 2019.
The process of waiving is easy and can be done online at the Gallagher Student Health Insurance website at www.gallagherstudent.com/fst. Students can go online to submit their decision once they have registered for classes. If a decision form is not submitted by September 30, 2019, you will remain enrolled in and be billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan for the entire 2019–2020 policy year.
If you are not a full-time student and need insurance, visit the Covered California website for information about affordable health insurance for California residents.
2019-2020 Student Health Insurance Fees
|Student Health Insurance – Domestic Students||$ 2,307
|Student Health Insurance – International Students||$ 2,323
- Once you have registered for classes, log onto gallagherstudent.com/fst using your full USD email address (…@sandiego.edu) as your user name, and your student ID number (found on your student ID card) as your temporary password.
- You will be prompted to reset your password the first time you log in. A secure link will be sent to your USD email address to complete this process.
- After you have reset your password, again log onto gallagerstudent.com/fst to submit your decision form.
- Follow the instructions to complete the form.
- Review the information you provided and click ‘submit’ to complete the process. You will immediately receive a reference number that confirms your form was received. Keep this number for your records.