Border Pilgrimage 2024
This pilot program of encounter and accompaniment of migrants is open only to Catholic religious — women and men — to help them and their congregations discern next steps in ministry to migrants, whether direct service, pastoral care, education or advocacy.
Here is a tentative schedule:
- Monday February 5th—Arrive in San Diego, gather at 4pm for orientation and dinner.
- Tuesday February 6th—Program begins, with visits to local groups working with migrants in San Diego/Tijuana region. If arriving by air, please fly into the San Diego airport.
- Wednesday February 7th—Travel two hours by car to Calexico, immersion with groups.
- Thursday February 8th—Visit migrant shelters in Mexicali. Return to San Diego.
- Friday February 9th—Theological reflection at Franciscan School of Theology, concludes with lunch at noon.
In keeping with our pilgrimage theme, participants should be prepared for some walking and standing, whether serving at migrant shelters or crossing the border.
The price is $1,350 per participant. Please complete the registration form and payment below to reserve a spot.
For questions, please contact Keith Warner, OFM at email@example.com